From Gen VI Fansite
Pokémon X and Y are the primary paired versions of Generation VI, available for the Nintendo 3DS. They take place in the Kalos region. Both are playable in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Korean.
- The games are named after the X and Y axes of the Cartesian coordinate system.
- These are the first core series games to not have titles with the word "Version" in them.
- These are the only core series games to be released day-and-date worldwide.
- These have the shortest names (one letter each) of any core series version.
- These are the only games to name their Routes.
- These are the only core series games since Pokémon Platinum to not play the game mascot's cry upon pressing START on the title screen.
- These are the first core series games to play the introduction after the title screen instead of before.